Sunday, March 9, 2014

Awe life ....

Life has been crazy these last couple weeks... Between working an opposite schedule from my husband , crazy mommyness and diabetes. I can reasonably say I need a vacation ;) 

I am very blessed I have a great home and an awesome husband and son. It just feels like I've been sprinting the last couple weeks. Does anyone ever feel like that ? I'm sure most people feel similar :) I think the major reason for feeling like that is due to my blood sugars running extremely low. So I'm sure most of you know I have type 1 diabetes since the age of nine. Ideal range of blood sugars should run between 80-120 .  Anything under 70 is considered a low blood sugar. It's normal to have lows occasionally and many things can cause lows , like exercise, not eating, illness and many many other reasons. I have been having at least one to two (or more) lows a day with a blood sugar below 40. Not fun for me. When I am low my hands are shakey, Sometimes I sweat profusely, my legs feel weak ( jelly legs) and I just can't process mentally like I should. I have been told that when I get very low I act like I'm drunk. Which is not a good think especially at work. 
 
I have lowered my insulin dosages and I have to make sure I have some type of low snack wherever I go. I usually test around 6 time a day but now in up to around 12 times per day.  Overall I am just tired ,  these lows are sucking the life out of me :) 

Part of my problem is I just need to chill out and stop stressing... Between work, trying to be a good mom and wife, commuting 70 miles per day and my grandmothers recent death, it's not an easy task :( but things will and should slow down and things ( mostly diabetes ) will be happier . 

But on to more fun things .... Aidan and I worked on and finished his science fair project this weekend :) it was fun to get to spend some quality time with him. 

Aidan worked so hard on this project . I contributed with grammar and spelling correction, graph making, and a bit of craftiness . And after watching Aidan with the super glue I became in charge of that too ;) 

After some of his experimenting Aidan passed out on our dog Theo ...
I swear that dog will take whatever that boy wants to dish out and be totally happy about it. If you look closely Ai has a balloon from his project still in his hand . I just love Theo he is a big comfort to me, we just need to make him a diabetes service dog that can smell when I'm low and he'd be perfect ;) haha they actually have dogs like that!  They are a tad spendy like $10,000 spendy . 

I know I always say this but I will blog more .... Hopefully 

Love - Kat


No comments: